Sunday 5 April 2015

Stash-busting beauty!

So pleased with how my first stash-busting blanket has turned out! All I needed was white yarn to complete the joining up and the border.

Yarn is acrylic, hook size 5mm. I used this method to join the squares, which creates an attractive defined look to each block.  Most of the squares are conventional Granny squares, with two nice patterned squares thrown in to perk it up!



Pattern for this square is called a Triangle-in-a-Square, fairly easy, takes a bit of practice but is so effective.  (Edit ... just been browsing and look what I found, another take on this fabulous square, take a peek! )



This pattern is by Dly's Hooks and Yarns called Square in a square



The border is in Block St, this link will take you to a good tutorial with pictures on how to do this stitch.


For the border, I worked on the wrong side of the blanket, using white yarn, making 1dc into a stitch, followed by 1sc into the next stitch.  This creates a sort of small bobble on the right side; I wanted to keep the edging simple and quite unobtrusive because the blanket is quite busy. 

We have just had a 'short, sharp shower', ten minutes and it had moved along ... and my thirsty little garden says "thank you" Just spoken to my eldest son in the UK, he tells me he and his lovely girlfriend are heading out to friends, and they are determined to have a "braai' (Barbeque) today, come rain, hail or shine!  Here's hoping for a peak of sun and no showers ..

I hope you are enjoying a lovely Easter filled with yummy goodies, surrounded by your favourite family and friends, bright and sunny weather and having loads of fun.


Love Pat xx

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful blanket.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous blanket. Love the colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous!! It will look nice out at Christmas.

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    *H*A*P*P*Y* *E*A*S*T*E*R*!*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blanket Pat,and thank you for the links, always good to see those tutorials. Haloy Easter! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Pat! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! I would love it if you would link it to the April stash party. :) http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/april-stash-buster-link-party-and-your.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I have linked up .. some lovely goodies to be seen!

      Delete
  7. The color combination is beautiful. Thank you for the pattern links. I am going to try the Triangle in a Square.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is absolutely fabulous! I want that blanket too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~