Tuesday 22 September 2015

Psst .... only 94 days till Christmas!


and I have indulged in some early (very) Christmas hooking. I have been quiet but I have been busy, laid low with bronchitis that I feel is not done with me yet, these cute decorations have kept me company, along with many, many cups of tea!


First up is a Christmas Star with a cheeky face, Nathan embroidered in white and two little bells to finish it off. The pattern is from Julie at Little Woolie blog, the face is a simple circle in UK Dc/US Sc, eyes are French Knots and the smile is Backstitch. This little star will be winging it's way to a sweet little boy together with his Minion beanie I made him.



These two are made from the same pattern, each finished with a shiny brassy coloured button on both sides and brass bead loops.

Next are the absolute cutest Gingerbread Men .. this sweet pattern is from Repeat Crafter Me.  I experimented with different colours of brown yarn and size hooks.  They all need loops added, and I may use red ric-rac just for something different.





I am 'hooked' on these beautiful Hearts, with roses and leaves from Lucy at Attic 24 on the purple, shiny purple and blue hearts and Jolly holly again from Attic 24 on the white heart.  I fashioned the berries as I went along, so no pattern.  There are many berry patterns on Pinterest. 





This is an easy and very sweet star from my good friend Zelna at Zooty Owl Blog.  I will be making many more of these I think.


Next up is such a cute and very popular little Christmas sock ornament, pattern from Angie at Le monde de Sucrette. I couldn't stop, once I had made one I just could not stop!!



The last ornaments are made with two circles of the same size. To see how to make circles, link to this post of mine, and follow the first three rows or so, depending on how large you want your ornament.   Crochet them together with UK Dc/US Sc almost to the end, then fill with a little wadding or what ever you have handy, even snipped off threads from your other crochet projects will do.  Complete closing the circles remembering to add a little hanging loop, and then decorate with holly or beads or whatever takes your fancy.


Pinterest is a gold mine of crochet Christmas ornaments and decorations.  Check out my board Christmas Handmade for more super ideas.

I am filling an order for three blankets for a good friend now, so the red, white and green yarn is packed away for a little while!  More on these projects later!

Thank you for joining me, till next time,
love to all xxxxxxxxx Pat












8 comments:

  1. I love all those little makes! You've been busy! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations are lovely!! Take care of yourself, and I hope that you are feeling much better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you have had bronchitis. I do hope you feel better soon. Your 'makes' are lovely, you are getting organised very early! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! I love all your lovely makes they are all so cute and I think you are very good getting them done already, I hope you feel better soon. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is lovely :) I'm determined to be organised this year! I'm very impressed with how much you've already made :)
    Hope you're feeling better,
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, so mane adorable Christmas decorations.
    Get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Christmas themed crochet. My hook has been busy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sliczne dekoracje świąteczne.Pozdrawiam serdecznie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~