Thursday 19 May 2016

Happy Flower Blanket


Good afternoon dear readers!
  I really love making blankets, especially the kind with squares and a beautiful border .. and so, it was with great delight I came across a lovely easy square called the Happy Flower Block, that I could see making up into a gorgeous knee rug.
  Find it here on Annie's Place blog.

Here is my version made up with Stylecraft Special DK in colours Raspberry, Magenta, Bluebell, Wisteria, Fordant and Parma Violet, with joining rows and border in Parma Violet. It is a super colour to use as the base colour in a blanket that has blues and purples, not quite grey, not quite lavender, just a good mid colour.  I used a solid method of joining the squares from the  Patchwork HeartHook size 4mm. I made 80 squares.. 8 squares across by 10 squares long ..  of 11cm x 11cm each and the border including the row of single crochet in blue is about 5.5cm. Final measurements are 120cm x 100cm. 


The border is made up of two rows of shells, with a final row of single crochet
The how-to will follow in the coming weeks.



The reverse side is really neat, and I am very disciplined in sewing threads in as each square is completed, millions of threads to take care of is not my thing!

The reverse side




The Happy Flower blanket has a new home with a dear friend of mine,
 Delia .. a lovely and gracious lady.

So happy you have stopped by, thank you!
Much love to all, Pat xxxxxxxx

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blanket. I really like the light grey to bring all the coloured circles together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, what a beautiful blanket. The colours are so gentle, without being dull. It will be a treasured gift I'm sure. You are very disciplined, sewing in the ends as you go along! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, that is a gorgeous blanket and the colors all go together so well. I'd love to see a photo of it all spread out! What a nice gift for someone! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the joining / border colour, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous blanket :) I love your choice of colours, very pretty indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. l Love your blanket. Was wondering how your stripey blanket is going as I plan to make one and love your colours.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amei a combinação de cores.Parabéns.Valéria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pat, Lovely blanket. The reverse side is so neat! Looking forward to the how-to.
    Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~