Saturday 27 January 2018

Ross Poldark Blanket

Last year, a beloved friend sent me a message, it went something like this: " Patti, if you would be so kind, I would love it if you could make a blanket for Robert, he keeps on taking mine!" They live in Woking UK, and it can get veery chilly not so!!! Some years back I made her this blanket, a very beautiful blanket designed by Heather of The Patchwork Heart.  The Demelza and Poldark CAL's had taken my fancy when they were posted, and at the time I was quite keen to get involved ..   (the series is amazing too). So I leapt at the the opportunity, and since I needed a blanket for a gentleman, the Poldark pattern was ideal. 

It is definitely not for the faint hearted this pattern is .... some skill is really necessary.  I learnt so much, and when it was finished, it was fabulous!  There are many overlay stitches ... new technique for me.  Also small and large squares, I enjoyed the overall experience immensely.  I used my own colour pallette, with some colours as in the pattern, and some my own choice. I also changed the square placements a little. And I decided on a plain border.  Here are a few details:

Pattern:  Ross Poldark blanket designed by Catherine Bligh
Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK
Hook: 4.50mm
Colours:  Black, white, sage, storm blue, silver, and copper

And a picture or three .......






The blanket was finished in November, in time for a visiting friend to South Africa to take it back to the UK with him.  And then it was wrapped in time for Christmas.  Robert is sent me his gratitude and thanks for his blankie, which he absolutely loves .. happy days!!!!  There is something so amazing about handmade gifts isn't there.

Thank you for the most wonderful support, lovely ladies, and until next time
much love Pat xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I translated the Ross Blanket for Stylecraft together with a friend. Yours turned out beautiful and you're right about the challenging stitches in some areas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment ~ hearing from you makes my day ~